Emma's Nursery Room

Tropical Baby Girl Nursery


Tropical Glam Baby Girl Nursery

Pretty much as soon as I knew I was having a little girl, I knew what wallpaper I wanted in her room.  It's funny I remember when wallpaper was thought to be so ugly but now I love so many of the updated styles out there.  Wallpaper is not a choice to be taken lightly as it may be around for a while your house- it takes work to put up and take down, more so than painting- not to mention the cost can add up quickly.  I wanted to do just one wall as an accent wall as I love the look, especially in a smaller bedroom.  I chose one that is pretty versatile that will transition nicely into her next "big" girl room.

I saw some pictures on Pinterest of a Glamorous Pink and Green Nursery which was the beginning point of inspiration for what I wanted to do in Emma's room.  It's a tropical glam style that was based off of the Beverly Hills Hotel.  While I didn't want it exactly the same, I have some of the same elements in the room- mainly the striped wallpaper. :)  

For her next room, I will decide for sure when the time comes, but I'm thinking a Paris theme would be so cute!  and perfect with the striped wall paper!  I didn't hang anything on the wallpaper for now since her bed will be in a different spot than her crib is currently.  But when she transitions to a bed I'll hang photos up that I know will look good in the same area for the rest of the time in the room.

Everything is done in Emma's room - except for her closet.  I'm trying to decide now what I want to do with it to give her maximum storage space for all of her toys and eventually all the accessories she will have :). Below I've added Emma's room details. 

Tropical Baby Girl Nursery

Tropical Baby Girl Nursery

Tropical Baby Girl Nursery



Tropical Baby Girl Nursery

Tropical Baby Girl Nursery

wallpaper: Home Depot                                          gold picture frames: Target

dresser: Ikea                                                            flamingo art prints: Etsy

gold dresser hardware: Amazon                             hamper: Amazon

crib: Target                                                              small toy chest: Target

crib sheets: Target                                                   rocking chair: Amazon

crib blanket: Target                                                 bookcase: Target

curtains: Target                                                       changing pad covers: Target

curtain rod: Target                                                  mobile: Target

Wall Initials: Joann (I painted them myself)          baby monitor: Target

Dresser Storage Bins: Amazon                                  


Comments

Popular Posts